[APG Public List] the new vs. the old Family History Library catalog

Patti Hobbs plhgenealogy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 16:50:21 MST 2010

When I search on the old catalog in a particular location in Italy, there
are something along the lines of hundreds of  microfilm rolls for civil
registrations. I had trouble when I clicked on "Film Notes" and got an error
message. So I switched over to the beta site, and they didn't come up at all
there even though it's pretty clear how to get to them.  I have not
discounted the fact that this may be due to operator error though and so I
didn't want to complain until I knew I did everything I should have.

I actually like the way that you could click on what you wanted to see in
the pilot site better than the way you search in the beta site. I liked
being able to choose two or three things; whereas with the Beta site, you're
narrowing selections to just one record group.

Patti