[APG Public List] Help with Polish record

CL Swope alfonsa at cynthiaswope.com
Sat Nov 6 20:53:13 MDT 2010

Thank you, Stephen! Is there any understanding you can give of the
reason her own mother's maiden name was used in the last of her own
children's birth records? ..that is, that she was named  Dwoja z d.
Goldfarb (not Pomeranz as in her other children's) therein? Is there an
historical antecedent for that kind of entry?  Her marriage record
clearly shows this woman daughter of father Salomon Pomeranz and mother
Sara Goldfarb. Her birth record lists her the daughter of Salomon
Pomeranz and Sura (listed under surname in what might be an error for
placement in transcription and perhaps actually referring to the
mother's given name). I'm wondering if there was an establishing of
Dworja's Jewish line through mother involved in the decision or some
other understood historical practice for the one aberrant entry giving
her as 'z d. Goldfarb'.