[APG Public List] get together for a live web class discussion demonstration

Tina Sansone gtownma at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 15:45:24 MDT 2010

I would like to participate.

Tina Sansone
Genealogy at Bellaonline.com

--- On Wed, 11/3/10, Jeanette Daniels <jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jeanette Daniels <jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [APG Public List] get together for a live web class discussion demonstration
To: apgpubliclist at apgen.org, "APG Members Only List" <apgmembersonlylist at apgen.org>, "Christy Fillerup" <christy.fillerup at gmail.com>, theorygen at yahoogroups.ca
Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 4:41 PM

Dear Everyone,

Last Saturday, a few of us got together and viewed a short power point and gave our input as to how to explain bad research news to clients.  It was fun but I failed to explain properly how to turn on video cams and microphones for everyone.  I would like to invite any of you to try again this coming Saturday at the following time:  2:00 PM PST; 3:00 PM MST; 4:00 PM CST; and 5:00 PM EST (United States time zones).  I am opening this opportunity to anyone interested.  Please let me know if you would like to try this.

There will not be a specific subject this time.  I am trying to make sure that everyone understands how the video cams and microphones work and to get everyone so that they can see and/or hear each other.  We had two attendees from outside of the US, namely, Larry Boswell from Canada and Brian Swann from England.  Interestingly, we could hear both Larry and Brian just fine.

We will just enjoy taking with each other and I would like to demonstrate the full abilities of the live web class software that Heritage Genealogical College is using.  Those that attended the October 30th power point and chat session, only saw a small amount of what can be done while we communicated together.

The reason for trying to establish live communication between genealogists of all varieties is to improve our networking abilities and expand educational opportunities to those who regularly use genealogical email lists for information.  I hope you can make it.  If you have any questions about this, let me know.

Thanks,

Jeanette Daniels
Heritage Genealogical College