[APG Public List] get together for a live web class discussion demonstration

Jeanette Daniels jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 15:41:54 MDT 2010

Dear Everyone,

Last Saturday, a few of us got together and viewed a short power point and gave
our input as to how to explain bad research news to clients.  It was fun but I
failed to explain properly how to turn on video cams and microphones for
everyone.  I would like to invite any of you to try again this coming Saturday
at the following time:  2:00 PM PST; 3:00 PM MST; 4:00 PM CST; and 5:00 PM EST
(United States time zones).  I am opening this opportunity to anyone
interested.  Please let me know if you would like to try this.

There will not be a specific subject this time.  I am trying to make sure that
everyone understands how the video cams and microphones work and to get everyone
so that they can see and/or hear each other.  We had two attendees from outside
of the US, namely, Larry Boswell from Canada and Brian Swann from England.
Interestingly, we could hear both Larry and Brian just fine.

We will just enjoy taking with each other and I would like to demonstrate the
full abilities of the live web class software that Heritage Genealogical College
is using.  Those that attended the October 30th power point and chat session,
only saw a small amount of what can be done while we communicated together.

The reason for trying to establish live communication between genealogists of
all varieties is to improve our networking abilities and expand educational
opportunities to those who regularly use genealogical email lists for
information.  I hope you can make it.  If you have any questions about this, let
me know.

Thanks,

Jeanette Daniels
Heritage Genealogical College