[APG Public List] WWI soldier naturalizations (non federal)

Ed Withers gwithers at pdq-research.com
Tue Nov 2 19:06:03 MDT 2010

I'm looking for some help locating a naturalization record for a WWI soldier. He

was murdered in a mining riot in Illinois in the early 20's. He is buried in a
mass grave and we're trying to find relatives, so he can be moved to a National
Cemetery.

Antonio Mulkovich / Anton Mulkovic He is listed in the microfilmed card index
for WWI Soldier Naturalzations as:

Anton Mulkovich,
dtd. 21 May 1918,
certificate #932250,
Camp Lee [this is in Dinwiddie County VA]
Court # 3576

He is not on the film of microfilmed petitons at the National Archives. The
Court # 3576, supposedly, refers to Petersburg Corporation Court, according to
the book, "Directory of Courts having jurisdiction in Naturalization
Proceeding", 1906 edition. I called the Petersburg Circuit Court and they can't
find any naturalization records there. I called the Library of Virginia and they

don't have local naturalizations. I am still waiting to hear from Dinwiddie
County.

I'm hoping someone that has experience with this type of naturalization
can point me to where this record might be located.

Thanks, George Withers