[APG Public List] Marking Co-Ordinates with GPS

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Mon Nov 1 13:59:24 MDT 2010

luckily in the example I provided (loop in the constantly meandering Oxbow
Creek), there is a period cemetery that the town of Weybridge is allowing to
be eaten away. Looking at original maps one can see exactly where the
original river once was, and then sadly confirm it by standing in the
cemetery (but not too close to the edge of the creek)!

I asked why the town or a local society doesn't simply organize saving the
surviving headstones but there was no apparent interest.

In many cases you can see where the banks were previously, using either
local knowledge, old maps, descriptions etc.

Larry