[APG Public List] Florida USGen web kerfluffle?

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer christine3cats at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:46:15 MDT 2010

Recently, on the Archives and Archivists e-mail list, someone mentioned that
there had been a major problem with the FL USGenWeb sites. The person who
was quoted in the e-mail said that someone involved with one or more web
pages had done something that caused the Florida GenWeb people to take away
management of the sites from her. However, the national USGenWeb people held
a hearing (so to speak) and gave the sites back to her. This caused a split
in the FL GenWeb community such that one group established their own
separate genweb site, which is not recognized by the national group, which
is starting new web pages for those counties. Does anyone have any details
about what happened? Both the person who reported this problem on the
Archives list and I are curious to know what happened. If you don't want to
post to the whole list, feel free to e-mail me privately.

I apologize if I missed an e-mail that explained this. I am way behind on
reading e-mails.

Thanks!

Christine

--