[APG Public List] Reasonable time to wait for reply from professional genealogist

MFP courthouseresearcher at gmail.com
Sat May 29 23:37:27 MDT 2010

7 April, 2010,  I sent an email to an APG member asking about having some
church records searched.

12 April the genealogist replied that yes, this was something that could be
done.

Today is Sunday 30 May 2010, and there has been no additional communication
from the pro genealogist. I did inform the genealogist there was no hurry
for this work to be done; however, it seems by now I should at least have a
date for the work to begin. Did I shoot myself in the foot, so to speak, by
indicating there is no hurry? If I had a start date, there would be no
hurry.

I would very much appreciate comments on reasonable time period to wait for
the genealogist to provide a starting date for the requested research.

Thanks for your opinions.

Mag