[APG Public List] Gen Program citations

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Tue May 18 18:00:39 MDT 2010

Finally some time to clean up my own family files (or at least clean up the
material added over the last few years, gathered up but not properly
recorded)

thought to save time on citations, I'd automate things and save time by
employing by Source Writer in Legacy (since I have the program sitting
here). In the end I've come dow to simply using the "override" feature where
you type in your own citation, so no savings on the table with that. Seemed
more time being wasted filling in the information in the provided template,
and then trying to rejig it to reflect what I wanted. Maybe I just didn't
take the time to learn how to use this automatated 'tool', but are any of
these features (on any program) worth the trouble?

Larry

Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
http://thebackstairs.com/blog/
"Historical & Genealogical Research Services"
Listowner, TheoryGen (a non-archived list)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
laboswell at rogers.com