[APG Public List] How to handle date of death

Bonnie Kohler kohlerbj at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 20 09:47:52 MDT 2010

Mag,

For the date of death, you could use "after 01 June 1830," the date the 1830 census was enumerated.

Three, last places to check for a date of death that you would, of course, verify are the user-contributed databases at WorldConnect, entries at FamilySearch.org, and the message boards for the surname and place name at GenForum and at RootsWeb. You could also post a message to those boards seeking the date of death and place of burial. Occasionally, I have received credible information using those sites.

I hope this helps.

Bonnie Dunphy Kohler
APG member, Florida Chapter