[APG Public List] How to handle date of death

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Sat Mar 20 08:33:13 MDT 2010

What I do in that case is take the year of the last known 'sighting' and
state 'died after dateX'.  Not very satisfactory but at least that provides
a starting point for future searches of death date information.

Given their advanced ages in 1870, you could add a note to the 'after 1830'
death date, mentioning the fact that there are *known* entries for them
after 1830, and that they don't appear in the 1840 census or following
censuses (which suggests a range of years for date of death, without setting
it in stone, no pun intended).

Larry

Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
http://thebackstairs.com/blog/
"Historical & Genealogical Research Services"
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
laboswell at rogers.com