[APG Public List] How to handle date of death

MFP courthouseresearcher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 08:26:00 MDT 2010

In Bladen County, NC, both James WEST and his wife were enumerated on the
census of 1830 as being between 70 and 80 years of age.
There are no known tax records for that period in Bladen County history. No
further record of this James WEST has been found in Bladen County, NC. It is
supposed he died sometime around 1830. Known cemetery records have been
searched, to no avail.

Extensive searches of census, tax and probate records in NC, SC, GA, TN and
AL for that particular James WEST have been done, finding nothing pertaining
to him.

How do I write up this information when doing an article/autobiography on
this James WEST? What do I use as his date of death?

I have searched google quite unsuccessfuly in efforts to obtain answer to my
question.

TIA

Mag