[APG Public List] Headstones Provided for Deceased Union Civil War Veterans (citation help)

Jennifer Shaw faeriejem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 23:37:19 MDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm trying to cite the Ancestry.com database "Headstones Provided for
Deceased Union Civil War Veterans, 1879-1903"
 http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1195&enc=1
It's the digital image's of NARA's *Card Records of Headstones Provided for
Deceased Union Civil War Veterans, ca. 1879-ca. 1903*, Microfilm Publication
M1845
http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/civil-war/union/veteran-headstones.html
My biggest issues are what information to pull from the card and include to
include in the citation. Right now I am using "name (unit), year of death."
And what to call the card, just "card" or "headstone card" or what?

Here's what I created:

"Headstones Provided for Deceased Union Civil War Veterans, 1879-1903."
Database and images. *Ancestry.com*. http://www.ancestry.com : 2010.

"Headstones Provided for Deceased Union Civil War Veterans, 1879-1903,"
digital image, *Ancestry.com* (http://www.ancestry.com : downloaded 19 March
2010); Valentine Amsbaugh (Co. I, 12th Ohio Cav.), 1883 card; imaged from *Card
Records of Headstones Provided for Deceased Union Civil War Veterans, ca.
1879-ca. 1903*, M1845 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records
Administration, 1967), no roll number cited.

Valentine Amsbaugh, 1883 card; "Headstones Provided for Deceased Union Civil
War Veterans, 1879-1903."

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Shaw