[APG Public List] File manager

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Sun Mar 14 08:54:38 MDT 2010

Thanks to all who responded on and off list. Great list Ray, I'm currently
trying something called xplorer (which sounds like the xyploer in your
list).  Opens a couple of panes which is a useful feature, options are
available in a better toolbar, but I'm going to try some of the others that
you have listed.

I just find the regular windows explorer (the file manager, not the browser
for those who mentioned browsers) to be 'clunky', and limited as to options.
Particularly the search feature.

I started looking for an article that I wanted to review, on the computer in
pdf form, but had forgotten the exact title.  Have so many pdf articles and
documents literally 'deposited' here and there so decided to catalog them
more efficiently. So that sent me looking for a better file manager than
windows offers.

trying a different pdf reader (Foxit) too

Larry
Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
http://thebackstairs.com/blog/
"Historical & Genealogical Research Services"
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
laboswell at rogers.com