[APG Public List] Passenger List Question

Stephen Danko stephen at stephendanko.com
Mon Mar 8 12:31:24 MST 2010

These numbers on the passenger lists were probably added long after the passengers arrived in the United States and the lists were analyzed statistically. The numbers, such as 2-3, refer to the number of men and women listed on a particular part of the manifest who were from the same country. In the case of Paul Albrich, the number shows that, on the part of the manifest on which his name appears, there were 2 men and 3 women from Germany.

I wrote about these numbers on my blog in 2007: http://stephendanko.com/blog/index.php/archives/1935 .  In the manifest I examined at that time, the number appeared in the "Date and Cause of Death" column, rather than the "Intended Destination" column.

Stephen J. Danko, PhD, PLCGS
http://www.stephendanko.com/