[APG Public List] Occupation question "Red Gentleman"

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Sat Mar 6 08:17:11 MST 2010

I'm guessing this is the entry, P. Hanselman, Clinton, Renova, PA?

http://search.ancestry.ca/iexec/?htx=View&r=5543&dbid=7163&iid=4278548_00135&fn=P&ln=Hanselman&st=d&ssrc=&pid=9775360

I think what looks like "red" is an abbreviation for something (look at the
nearby occupations which use them).  Not sure too that the second word is
gentleman.  Maybe something related to railroad or railroad equipment
manufacture?  Is there that kind of activity apparent in that locale?

Larry
Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
http://thebackstairs.com/blog/
"Historical & Genealogical Research Services"
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
laboswell at rogers.com