[APG Public List] Documenting Family Travels

Kathy Rippel twinmom22 at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 00:15:31 MST 2010

My husband and I began doing a blog (using blogspot) a few years ago
to record our vacations for the family to enjoy.

When we have an internet connection available (we camp) we try to add
some more every day or so. (We notice we rarely get the end of the
vacation posted!)

And when we took the eldest grandson (8 1/2) on a trip last summer he helped.

We record what we see and do, load pictures, report on campgrounds,
and this summer I was able to do some genealogical research in the
areas we were and recorded our "finds" for the family to read. What
is recorded and how much detail really depends on which of us are
doing the recording for that day!

Family members sometimes use the "comment" feature to either add
related memories or to wistfully express their jealousy that we are
vacationing!

There are lots of possibilities. There may be a way to add a map
widget to record locations, but I'll have to check with the husband.
He's the blog authority!

Kathy