[APG Public List] Citing Sources - Your Opinion

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Tue Jun 29 12:51:56 MDT 2010

I agree, corrections serve us all, and I can't understand why anyone would
not make a correction when an error is found.  Otherwise it's like digging
something up, then using it, and then burying it again rather than marking
where it lies

But I'm thinking about more than that aspect.  To use a record without fully
identifying all aspects of it seems to me to be stopping short of fully
doing our research.  Sometimes that extra work doesn't really matter and
doesn't change how we view the information, but other times fully
identifying as much as can be found about a record can completely alter how
we would have interpreted the information if we'd just stopped at what
Ancestry offers in its descriptions).

Larry
  ----- Original