[APG Public List] Citing Sources - Your Opinion

JYoung6180 at aol.com JYoung6180 at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 12:34:54 MDT 2010

I've always looked at it differently. I've long heard that "you are doing
work that benefits the company" but to me, the subscription services are
providing a place/forum and resources for us to carry out our research. When
we  make an addition, transcription, or correction to the data they house and
 provide for us, we are doing it for ourselves and for other researchers.
Any benefits to the subscription service itself is purely secondary. They
took  the initial step of making the data accessible for us or giving us a
place to  house our data that otherwise would have cost us directly.

Joan

In a message dated 6/29/2010 2:29:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,