[APG Public List] Question about wills

hryansavh at aol.com hryansavh at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 17:08:03 MDT 2010

I'm loving this thread.? Thanks, Donna, for sharing all your wonderful legacy stories.
?
Honey Ryan
Savannah, GA

Regarding giving one dollar in a will:
?
I have seen a will that allotted one dollar (or?ten shillings?or some such) to "any child who comes forth claiming to be an heir."??The will's maker?named his legal children; I supposed he was "covering his bases"?in case the child of another woman made a claim.? I don't know if legally that would do, but at least he was expressing his "will" in the matter.
?