[APG Public List] APG List Purpose & Guidelines
APG List Administrator
listadmin at apgen.org
Sun Jun 27 10:41:58 MDT 2010
As a subscriber to the APG Public List, you will receive this message once a
month as a reminder that the purpose of this APG-sponsored mailing list is
to discuss topics of interest to genealogical professionals, individuals
considering the profession of genealogy, family historians, and others
seeking professional networking and advice. It is a public list and posts
may be viewed by anyone subscribing to the list or viewing the archives.
By subscribing to the list, you have agreed to the APG Mailing List Code of
Conduct http://www.apgen.org/publications/publiclist/index.html. It is
written in full below.
Please be courteous and professional in your correspondence and keep
private, vehement, and/or potentially damaging discussions off the list.
Subscribers to the APG mailing lists agree to follow the guidelines listed
1. Since APG now sponsors more than one mailing list, please read,
understand, and abide by the list charter, available at the APG website, so
as to post your topics on the appropriate list:
* APG Public List at http://apgen.org/publications/publiclist/index.html
* APG Members List at http://apgen.org/members/memberslist/index.html
2. All participants on the APG mailing lists should maintain a courteous and
civil discourse. Posting comments to deliberately provoke an angry response
is unacceptable. Posts should not be hostile or insulting. If you feel
someone on an APG mailing list is behaving inappropriately, please contact
the APG office at admin at apgen.org.
3. Ensure that the subject line of your posts (or your replies to another's
posts) is current and accurate.
4. Wherever possible, trim unnecessary content when replying to a list
message. When responding to specifics in another's message, please place
your reply "in-line" within the previously-posted content rather than
"top-posting." When replying in-line, try to make it clear which statements
belong to you versus the original poster. Prefacing the original poster's
statements with their name or initials is one way to do this.
5. If you are not the author of all content in your posting, make sure you
have legal permission to redistribute the material of others. If you do not
have this permission, then refer to the material by hyperlink.
6. The APG mailing lists are archived for posterity. You agree to allow APG
to redistribute to the mailing lists any of the material which you authored
and submitted. You also agree that APG may store this content in archives.
7. Subscribers should not post to APG mailing lists anonymously or
8. All APG mailing list participants must adhere to the APG Code of Ethics
at http://apgen.org/ethics/index.html. Failure to follow these guidelines
may result in temporary loss of posting privileges. Repeated failure to
follow these guidelines will result in the loss of all mailing list
More information about the APGPublicList