[APG Public List] celebrity connections to royalty orfamous historical people

Kate Foote kate at comm1net.net
Fri Jun 25 15:23:31 MDT 2010

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: eshown at comcast.net
  To: apgpubliclist at apgen.org
  Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 2:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [APG Public List] Definition of the Discipline of Genealogy..

  <snip>

  Elizabeth wrote:

  "Genealogy is about understanding ourselves and the influences that have made us who we are. It's about understanding the men and women whose genes we carry and whose customs we cherish or purposefully reject. It's about understanding the world we live in, and how the actions of past men and women shaped the issues we deal with today. It's about understanding how the problems of those past societies shaped our forebears and how the individual choices they made affected their families and ultimately us."

  PRECISELY!  EXACTLY!

  May I quote you Elizabeth - with attribution, of course?

  Kate Foote

  Foote Paths Family Research

  Kanawha, Iowa