[APG Public List] celebrity connections to royalty or famoushistorical people

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Fri Jun 25 12:59:34 MDT 2010

Oh boy, that's a minefield, better you than me.

You might start by correcting some of the stereotypes.  Starting with the
'royalty' one, in all its forms.

Interesting question here for me is the idea of how far back does one feel a
'connection'.  I suspect that those who are asking that one probably don't
feel much connection beyond just the generations that contained living
persons whom they actually knew.  People who don't have any interest beyond
that.

You might turn that one back on the host and ask how far back she feels a
connection (or her writer).  I bet you'll find that question then connects
back to the royalty myth (no great sense of connection, but *if* there was a
'royal' connection, then great interest!).

I sometimes find the most rabid clients are those who have sunk their teeth
into the myth of some sort of royal connection.  That no amount of evidence
will shake them loose from.

have fun

Larry