[APG Public List] celebrity connections to royalty or famous historical people

Joan Fraser jfdf at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 25 12:17:21 MDT 2010

I have been asked to speak briefly with a radio host on Monday morning and would like to provide a broader opinion than my own on the following topic specifically at what point in going back do these connections lose any real meaning for us or our clients:
"we want to know how anyone finds connections that old [e.g. to nobility or to royalty -their example is Count Vlad]- we're so often hearing that some celebrity is related to another or something like that. We'd want to talk about the field of genealogy and how these connections are found. When does family connection lose meaning in your opinion? Just because they shared a relative 400 years ago, does that matter to people you've worked with? In your experience can we all find someone famous in our family tree if we look far enough back/ are we all related in some way if you go far enough back?"

Any brief thoughts on this topic?
Joan Fraser, genealogist

 Treasured-Legacies.com