[APG Public List] [APG Members] My Predicament!!!! (Need Help).

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Fri Jun 25 11:32:53 MDT 2010

Well Jack, wouldn't want to leave it unlocked around here (and this isn't
exactly a high crime area).  And in some areas, it's preferred that someone
is found to be home!

And on unlocking or carelessness,   I inadvertently left the trunk on my car
unlocked (slightly ajar) last week.  I can hardly complain when it was
rifled.  It was "entered" in the middle of the night (I think).  Spilled
things around, but not much there worth stealing, so no damage to me.  Not
very bright thieves as they could have flipped down the rear seats and
gained access to more valuable stuff in the glove box in the main
compartment, so I got off lightly.

I think your reply is interesting though I believe people on the internet
need to be far more careful because unlike my rather poor analogy, you'll
never *see* them enter (hack, or leave a worm or trojan on)  your pc.  But
it will be because you left "a door open" in your internet security.  Most
of these things are automatic, not directly controlled. Phishing for
information.  Notice a lot of spam doesn't have your email address.  Just
viewing it can trigger notice that a valid email address has been found.

Sorry, responsibility lies first with those who don't take precautions, who
aren't protecting themselves. It's why some municipalities charge people who
leave their car doors unlocked.

Larry