[APG Public List] [APG Members] My Predicament!!!! (Need Help).

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Fri Jun 25 11:08:15 MDT 2010

Terry, that's hardly worthy of an answer (suggesting Accusations and Lies).
But sure, on the basis that 'friend of a friend' is how urban legends
spread.

it was your correspondent's friend.  Correspondent is equivalent to the
first generation friend in that urban legend phrase.  Her friend thus
becomes 'friend of a friend'.  End of story, all I was saying.

But as genealogists we're all wary of the equivalent "friend of a friend
told me" when doing oral interviews (substitute kinship terms).  It's like
believing family gossip without hearing it from the actual person.

Still batting zero here on people being actually duped.

Larry