[APG Public List] [APG Members] My Predicament!!!! (Need Help).

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Fri Jun 25 08:23:07 MDT 2010

It's more likely from third party applications accessed through FB.  Privacy
settings that you have set for FB may not apply when you use those other
apps.

But maybe I'm thick-skinned on this one, but I see variations on this kind
of scam arriving almost daily with other email.   Sometimes they have been
sent under my email address (easy enough to substitute any email address,
there are programs that will do that).  I just don't think people would
actually fall for this little con.  Wouldn't you have to be fairly gullible,
which is not a good trait for a genealogist to have? I'm betting there
aren't any examples of someone actually falling for this. We are a skeptical
lot, at least in how we approach our work.

Larry