[APG Public List] Sobbing in frustration

treviawbeverly treviawbeverly at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 06:39:51 MDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <jillainedc at yahoo.com>
To: <apgpubliclist at apgen.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:50 PM

< Why is it so difficult ... >
< What will it take for practitioners of this obnoxious practice to cease
and desist from it? >

Well, yes there is some benefit.  It's for the person who may have missed
the first message.  Yes, I know that we can go back into the archives ....
another way to do this is to snip anything that you deem necessary in order
to make your answer better understood. Perhaps this will be a reminder to us
all.
        We should also remember that this public list is just that - public.
And we have many 'lurkers' out there (Welcome!) who are on the list to read
and learn. A chance for the "professional" to teach. Patience with others is
a good lesson --
        One reason that I don't do "digest" on some lists is that I don't
like all the messages that I have to wade
through ---- one message (topic in the Subject line) will get an answer
from me if I have something to share. Those that come in on digest will not;
that message is usually deleted without a look-see.
       And by the way, my pet peeve is that people do not identify
themselves. If you telephoned me or sent a letter, you would do so.  Why do
I like this - and periodically will remind people of this? It is because if
it is a research question and I know where you're located I may be able to
suggest a person contact, a repository, a website, etc. that would fit your
need.

Have a great  Friday and weekend, everyone.

Trevia Wooster Beverly
Houston, Texas
TEXAS GENEALOGY CONFERENCE:
http://www.angelina.edu/genealogy/genealogy.html