[APG Public List] Land Atlases at Ancestry.com

Michael John Neill mjnrootdig at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 07:29:27 MDT 2010

Has anyone else noticed incorrect counties in these maps?

It's a wonderful collection, but I've found two maps listed as being in the
wrong counties:
This one says Jersey County, IL, but should be Hancock (the township is
correct):

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=0&dbid=1127&iid=31617_072109-00445&rc=1296,2499,1796,2899&fn=Jonn&ln=Habben&st=d&ssrc=&pid=2700220

This one says Jo Daviess County, but it too should be Hancock (the township
is correct):
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=0&dbid=1127&iid=31617_072109-00600&rc=2727,1816,3227,2216&fn=A&ln=Rampley&st=d&ssrc=&pid=2709325

I haven't experimented beyond some families in the Hancock Co. IL area where
I am pretty familiar with locations, township names, etc. I have made
Ancestry.com aware of these two errors.

Michael

--
Michael John Neill