[APG Public List] Map of U.S. Railroads?

Alvie L. Davidson CG floridasearch at verizon.net
Mon Jun 21 02:55:59 MDT 2010

Thank you for adding these items to the APG list.

I have been trying to trace a contemporary family who worked for the Yazoo &
Mississippi Valley Railroad (Y&MVRR). This railroad intersected with the
Illinois Central in Mississippi and made travel available to eastern states
such as Alabama and Georgia.

Now I can easily see the travel of this family.  A son was born in Arab,
Marshall County, AL but he was raised in Granada, Mississippi.  This was
apparently a typical traveling railroad family.  Add to this the mix of
never consistently using the same given name as they moved.  This was an
African-American family and the use of nicknames in much of their life is
giving me a hard time.

Again, thanks for this and for sharing your knowledge with Tom's course at
Samford.

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com