[APG Public List] shirttail cousins

helen helen at rockymountains.net
Sun Jun 13 10:56:34 MDT 2010

Wisconsin Norwegians. Frequently, my grandmother and, less frequently,
my mother used this term when referring to distant cousins. Distant as
in, "I know they're related but it's so far away that I don't know the
exact terminology." My grandmother did use words like third cousin twice
removed, so I can't imagine how distant a shirttail cousin would have
been, at least in my family.

Helen B