[APG Public List] SourceCitation is now an open group

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Sat Jun 12 11:22:13 MDT 2010

I surrender

Too many people want a place to discuss source citations, so I think the
only option I have is to open the group up.  I don't want to spend my days
turning any individuals away, or prevent them from being able to discuss
source citations.  I've under-estimated the interest certainly!  I thought
it would attract about a dozen people!

What I intended to form was a study group that would involve only beginners,
but already the mix of different levels of knowledge amongst those who have
signed up varies too widely.   So that intent has already been watered down.
But I can't honestly turn people away any longer. So let's see how an open
list goes.

I'm still going to run time-limited study sessions on the open group,
starting with basics and proceeding forward to more advanced approaches.  I
think beginners will benefit from the mix of ongoing questions about
people's particular source citation problems (which will represent  the
daily use of the list) while at the same time periodically being presented
with  the more specific "directed" topics that I want to provide over time.
If that doesn't work then I will create a second list restricted just to
beginners.   I want people to feel comfortable in asking even the most basic
questions.  I'm asking that more advanced members not just dish out complete
answers, but rather help point people in the right direction so they can
learn how to get there themselves (and that doesn't necessarily mean just
pointing them to a page in EE)

thanks

Larry