[APG Public List] [APG Members] [TGF] Source Citationstudy groupcommencinc soon

Angela McGhie mcghiefamilyhistory at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 20:31:04 MDT 2010

Morris,

The TGF or Transitional Genealogists Forum is a Rootsweb email discussion
list. Members of the list can post their thoughts, ideas and questions on a
variety of topics.

The _ProGen_ Study Groups are made up of genealogists working together to
study the book _Professional Genealogy_, edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills.
The group members study one or two chapters from the book each month,
complete a practical assignment on the topic, review the work of other group
members, and meet in a live online discussion with a mentor. The model is
described in an article I wrote called “Virtual Study Groups: An Opportunity
for Continuous Education” published in the _Association of Professional
Genealogists Quarterly_, 24 (June 2009): 93-96. I advocated others using the
model to study other texts or topics, and still encourage this type of
collaborative study.
The model has proven effective as the first two _ProGen_ Study Groups have
completed the 18 month program, and seven other groups are working their way
through it.

Angela McGhie
Administrator, _ProGen_ Study Program
www.progenstudy.org