[APG Public List] [TGF] [APG Members] Source Citation study groupcommencinc soon

Jacqueline Wilson wilssearch at me.com
Thu Jun 10 18:39:34 MDT 2010

Elizabeth, I once heard a professor who teaches an editing class using
CMOS as "the death march through The Chicago Manual of Style" - I
declined to take the class as I had already done the same thing
through the University of Chicago's publishing program.

I thought once was enough - and here I am again just a glutton for
punishment!  LOL  but I think that the CMOS discussion should wait for
the new edition this fall.

All the best
~J

-- On Thu, 6/10/10, eshown at comcast.net <eshown at comcast.net> wrote:

study an 886-page EE "from front to back," alongside that 956-page
CMOS and
the other archival guides you plan to cover.

> And a look later at the source citation requirements for different
genealogical journals and magazines.

I trust that the editors of those journals will also be called in to
participate in discussions of their requirements?

El
Jacqueline Wilson
Evanston, IL

wilssearch at me.com
Professional Indexer, Historian, and Genealogist
IASPR Newsletter Editor

"Wilssearch - your service of choice for the indexing challenged
genealogist."