[APG Public List] [TGF] [APG Members] Source Citationstudy groupcommencinc soon

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Thu Jun 10 17:58:20 MDT 2010

Excellent ideas, and they all serve the same ultimate goals.  You'd think
this was a competitive race though.  I think I've kicked open a very pent up
desire to learn here.

Remember though that  I have nothing to gain and much to lose since this has
become such a public issue on these lists today, but my intentions are
honest and my motives are to try to make a small contribution to improving
discussions on this subject.  The more places people have to turn to deepen
their understanding of source citations (or any other genealogical matter),
the better.  Obviously the demand is there for more information, more
opportunities to expand knowledge on this subject.  But that's the way
genealogists are built.  There's always a greater hunger for new
opportunities to learn than there are venues available, so I'm very pleased
to see this sudden creative response to a long neglected need.

I hope some of the people who have joined the yahoo study group also take
part in these ventures, and bring the ideas and knowledge back to our little
effort in turn.  And maybe the reverse will happen too.

Larry

Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
http://thebackstairs.com/blog/
"Experts in Historical & Genealogical Research"
Listowner, TheoryGen (a non-archived list)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
laboswell at rogers.com