[APG Public List] SourceCitation better link

eshown at comcast.net eshown at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 17:15:23 MDT 2010

Craig wrote:
>I cannot think of anything more dull. ... No offense, Elizabeth.

No offense taken, Craig. Citing sources is about as fascinating as brushing
teeth and trimming toenails. They do get discussed in public to an
inordinate extent, mostly because they are all essential to maintaining a
healthy state.

>Invariably, the editor has his/her own ideas and simply rewrites all of it
anyway. Usually, they strip all the EE verbiage even when I tell them not to
(e.g., brackets around web sites, with dates accessed.)

But of course this takes us back to the INPUT vs. OUTPUT issue---i.e., the
needs we have as researchers who must record enough detail to adequately
evaluate our source and the validity of its information vs. the needs of the
publisher to cut publication costs (or the editor to create a distinctive
style for his/her own journal).

>To me, one of the most annoying aspects of our APG lists is "How do I cite
this? and "How do I cite that?" and they gone for two paragraphs for a
footnote that takes up half the page. No offense, Elizabeth (twice.)

Darn. I wrote two paragraphs above. That's one too many!

:)
Elizabeth