[APG Public List] [APG Members] Source Citation study groupcommencinc soon

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Thu Jun 10 15:25:11 MDT 2010

The term "restricted list" is Yahoo's terminology for a list where
membership goes through an approval process.  I haven't restricted anyone so
far, and there's a wide range of experience on there. All I ask is that
people who join have a genuine interest in studying this subject
comprehensively.  And that would suggest that it's aimed at exactly those
with that need.

I've asked that people with recognized expertise not join while the group is
in its formative stages, until a dynamic is established because I think it
would be inevitable that they would become the focus of question and answer
sessions that would make it difficult to move ahead in any structured way.
That may be in error, but let's see.

I've also said that I think there's great opportunities for 'experts' to
take part later as the group gets into the sessions.

So no one is restricted in that sense.  I just ask for a little leeway  and
understanding as the group gets going. This group is hopefully not intended
to duplicate what's asked/answered on the TGF list for example, but members
will be taking their question to that list too.  I think this group will be
a good fit with the traditional lists where specific questions and answers
are more appropriately addressed.

Larry
Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
http://thebackstairs.com/blog/
"Experts in Historical & Genealogical Research"
Listowner, TheoryGen (a non-archived list)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
laboswell at rogers.com