[APG Public List] [TGF] [APG Members] Source Citation study groupcommenci...

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 13:17:00 MDT 2010

Larry and others,

As some others have stated, I'm also not sure I have time to follow another
 genealogy mail group.  The topic is certainly legitimate, and the group
may  thrive.  But, it seems to me that we already at least a couple of mail
lists where questions can be asked about citations.  I'm not sure we need
separate mail lists for every major genealogical research topic.  If, on  the
other hand, you are planning to systematically go through all of  Evidence
Explained page by page, then I would think you would want to  invite the
author of the book to participate as little or much as she would  like.  I am
making no assumptions about what Elizabeth Shown Mills prefers;  I'm just
saying that if you are going to build an entire online discussion  around her
book, it makes sense for her to be involved.  And I, like  others, wonder how
you are drawing boundaries about who is or is not welcome to  participate.

In a message dated 6/10/2010 2:05:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,