[APG Public List] citation Think Tank

linda at fpr.com linda at fpr.com
Thu Jun 10 09:44:49 MDT 2010

Jackie,

I've been thinking about your question and the desire to be able to
include document images in discussions.

I wonder if Google Wave might not be a useful setting for this type of
group.

I would be willing to set up one for those interested.  Technically,
participants need a gmail account.  A wave can be public or private to a
group.  Whatever we decide.  I am willing to handle the technical and
organizational end, but could not be 'leader' with respect to content.

I am not interested in a class or moderated group of the type Larry
describes for his yahoo group.

i'd like a place where individuals seriously interested in learning
about sources and how to cite them for different purposes can get
together and pursue their common interest.  I'd like for the group to
reflect a range of expertise, because I enjoy learning from others, but
most important to me is that participants share a common goal regarding
extending their understanding of genealogical sources in today's world
and the corresponding implications for citations.  So, I'd be happy to
start with whomever is interested and go from there.

I'm not committed to Google Wave at all.  If there's interest in another
platform, like a Google or Yahoo group, or a blog, I'd be happy to set
it up and do organizational chores, if that's of any help.  Just thought
of Wave, because one can pull an image directly into a conversation.

Linda
Linda Gardner
Massachusetts