[APG Public List] citation think group APGers-isn't there one of those?

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Tue Jun 8 20:14:57 MDT 2010

Interesting that Lisa referred to the TGF email list since it is Elizabeth
Mills who does much of the answering on citations either there or here. She
is very generous with her time, when she can.

I took the original question to mean a study group outside of an email list
and was waiting to see if anyone knew of one. This could be a "cause" that
someone might choose to "champion" just as the _Pro Gen_ Study Group was
formed as a response to a need.

What would such a "think group" look like? Would it be people sitting around
creating references for pre-selected sources? Would it be a place to bounce
your own citations off others? Would it be study of the whys and wherefores
of the citation models? Would it be like the couple of weeks that Dr. Tom
Jones spends on citations in the Boston University Genealogical Research
Certificate course? Just what would this animal look like? How would it be
administered?

More questions than answers,
Elissa in Pittsburgh

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG