[APG Public List] Oklahoma Censuses, Tax Lists, Etc.?

DESloan at aol.com DESloan at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 14:08:13 MDT 2010

When all else fails. Look for all variations of the spelling. My grand
father John Carl Brown was listed in the censes as Carl J. Browne. My
grandmother Onedia Francis Dill Brown was listed as Orenda Frances Brown. My  uncle
Hoover Dill Brown was listed as Huber Brown. My mother Beverly Jayne Brown
was listed as Jane Brown. There were also mistakes on birth dates and
locations.  Had my sister not know the street address she would never have found
then  in the census. So, I guess the bottom line is that census takers make
mistakes.

Good luck,
Dave Sloan

In a message dated 6/7/2010 3:48:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,