[APG Public List] Lancaster County Estate Project 1835-1865

Craig Kilby persisto at live.com
Fri Jun 4 06:31:46 MDT 2010

Jeanette,

Thank you for the compliment. It was a long, long time in the making. The end product makes it all seem so simple. But simple it was not. It was done in three phases. Phase I was the research at the court house. We were much obliged by a most helpful and courteous staff. Phase 2 was putting it all together and connecting the dots as best we could within the parameters of our goal. Phase III was probably the biggest hurdle and is the part you don't see: proofing, editing and getting it on the web where it now looks so simple and easy.

I am hopeful that we can do the same sort of project for other Northern Neck counties. The best I can say about this project is (1) it is finished and (2) several learning curves were learned.

I would be very remiss if I did not add that this would not have been possible without the support and guidance of the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities, which you can read about at

http://www.virginiafoundation.org/

Craig Kilby