[APG Public List] Newborn Given Temporary Name?

Linda Johnson lindajohnsongenealogy at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 15:16:53 MDT 2010

Hello, Donna,

Have you considered the possibility that John and William Albert were twins, that the census taker somehow failed to record both of them, and that John might have died as an infant or young child? I'd check church, cemetery, and newspaper records of the area where the family lived in 1880 for any indication that any or all of those possibilities might be true. Depending on where the family lived, the local newspaper might have included a birth notice in a "Local Happenings" type of column or used it as filler (likely without a headline) between larger articles.

Good luck!

Linda Johnson,
Texas