[APG Public List] Newborn Given Temporary Name?

Ray Beere Johnson II raybeere at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 12:19:33 MDT 2010

--- On Sat, 7/31/10, Joel S. Russell <joelsr at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the baby was only a few days old the neighbor might not know what
> they named the baby.

     Actually, I know of one case, in the 1880 Census, where the information almost certainly came from a neighbour. And they got the names - and even sexes - of several children wrong, even children as old as five. And I _was_ able to prove it was the correct family, with a _lot_ of work, and help from a somewhat less common surname.
                           Ray Beere Johnson II