[APG Public List] Newborn Given Temporary Name?

Patti Hobbs plhgenealogy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:06:38 MDT 2010

Yes, and then there's my great-grandmother who, with a maiden name that was
common, decided to not use her given name at all and went by something
totally different ... actually two somethings totally different.  I've never
found any record after the 1880 census (which of course I found only after
the help of family researchers who were able to tell me what her *real* name
was) where she used the first or middle name which her parents gave her.

Patti