[APG Public List] Problem with professional genealogist; formerly, Repeating client's work

MFP courthouseresearcher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:36:12 MDT 2010

I have received several off-list replies to my inquiry that tell me I
omitted two key points when submitting my query to this list:
1. the three genealogists commissioned by our family to research our family
ancestry have been three separate genealogists researching three different
families in three different states. We have not had problems, thankfully,
with three different genealogist working on the present family;
2. our initial letter of inquiry to the present genealogist was actually a
question: would that person review our gathered research papers that ranged
from 1714-1790, read them and give us an opinion as to whether there was
interest in finding our ancestor. We fully requested and expected review of
our research efforts from stated time periods; however, we wanted no
research whatsoever of any kind after the year 1815. We had all we wanted
from that time period.

It is this last portion of our working with present genealogist that is
causing distress to us. We do not want to pay for any work after the year
1815, and have so stated in three various formats.

I appreciate very much the time of those folks who respond with advice,
opinions, instructions, constructive criticisms, suggestions as to how to
deal with present problem.

Mag