[APG Public List] Repeating client's work

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Thu Jul 22 07:14:42 MDT 2010

I like Michael's advice on what to put in a contract to prevent such
questions. In this case, now that the horse is out of the barn, you could
tell her that not only did she not provide it but you needed to examine it
to correlate the data with other evidence you found. She is not just paying
you to find records but to analyze them as a whole in the context of each
other and the historical times her ancestor lived in.

If she wants to micro-manage the project, then it may be beneficial if she
pays you for a research plan she can act on. She may quickly come back to
you and have you conduct the research once she has tried it.

Best wishes,
Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com