[APG Public List] "Mrs." in a colonial New England marriage

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer christine3cats at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:48:53 MDT 2010

Hi, Helen,

Unfortunately, I can't get at the original NH records to check.
However, since approximately half of the brides listed on the page
were "Mrs.", I suspect that it was a social title rather than an
indication of marital status--I can't see such a large proportion of
widows marrying.

Christine

--
Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer