[APG Public List] 2010 Census warnings

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Tue Jan 26 08:33:15 MST 2010

I believe there are people verifying addresses, but I don't think they are
knocking on doors (from what I have heard that friends are doing for the
census bureau). The census is being taken in April. If it is like 2000 they
will mail something to each household (perhaps why they are verifying
addresses) and for the ones that are not voluntarily returned, they will
send canvassers out. Got one on my doorstep for the guy across the street. I
told them what I knew, having just moved in myself. His descendants will not
be learning much from that set of answers! <g>

It is good to be cautious and I am looking forward to learning more about
how they are conducting this year's census.

-- Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG

www.PowellGenealogy.com