[APG Public List] 2010 Census warnings

beaverlbc at earthlink.net beaverlbc at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 26 07:47:27 MST 2010

Yes, the Census Bureau has begun verifying addresses. I have a friend that just recently finished working that job. Exactly what it entailed, I do not know. But he did go around various neighborhoods verifying  addresses. I thought he was simply making sure that there were buildings at specific addresses and what type of building it was. The job might have entailed knocking on doors sometimes.
I have actually applied to work for the census (I think it would be fun) and every census worker will have a census badge. If people are unsure about the validity of someone at their door, they should be encouraged to call the Census Bureau. My understanding is workers will only go door to door of those homes that do not completely fill out their census forms. So filling yours out completely and promptly should eliminate the need to come to your door.

Laurie Roberts Caulk